Endovascular Educational Programming
- Case presentation conference: Once a Month, Wednesday evening at 4:00. Fellows prepare and present a case history with pertinent diagnostic studies and treatment options. Discussion centers on presentation, differential diagnosis, most appropriate diagnostic studies, operative/endovascular approaches, family discussions regarding risks and benefits and finally on outcomes and decision points.
- Journal Club: Once a month, Wednesday evening at 4:00. Each month a different attending is assigned to head Journal Club. Approximately four articles are chosen, one of which is a “classic” article on a topic in which that particular attending has expertise. Articles are discussed, reviewed, and critiqued.
- M & M Review: Once a month, Wednesday evening at 4:00. Each fellow presents his or her assigned cases at the Morbidity and Mortality Conference. Each case is reviewed and discussed by the attendings and fellows.
- Research Meeting: Once a month, Wednesday evening at 4:00. A review of the current research efforts for all of the fellows is discussed. Critical discussions, along with collaborative discussions, center on the progress and rigor of the current research.
- Weekly Board Rounds: Each Friday morning from 7:30 to 8:30 AM the attendings host a review of the past week’s endovascular cases. It is open to all fellows, residents, and medical students.